Virgil Abloh. Nike. ICONS
Virgil Abloh's designs offer deep insights into engineering ingenuity and burst with cultural cachet. Drawing on the genius of the original shoe using lettering, ironic labels, collage, and sculpting techniques, Abloh played with language and sculptural elements to construct new meaning. Inspired by the wit of Dadaism, architectural theory, and avant-garde happenings, he analyzed what makes each shoe iconic and deconstructed it into an artistic assemblage, making each shoe into a piece of industrial design, a readymade sculpture, and a wearable all at once.
ICONS traces Abloh's investigative, creative process through documentation of the prototypes, original text messages from Abloh to Nike designers, and treasures from the Nike archives. We find Swooshes sliced away from Air Jordans and reapplied with tape or thread, Abloh's typical text fragments in quotation marks on Air Force 1, and All Stars cut into pieces. We take a look behind the scenes and witness Abloh's DIY approach, which gave each model in the Off-WhiteTM c/o Nike collection its own unique touch. His deconstructive vocabulary is reflected in the Swiss binding, which showcases an open spine and discloses the production of the book.
The book documents Abloh's cooperative way of working and reaffirms the power of print. For its design Nike and Abloh partnered with the acclaimed London-based design studio Zak Group. Together they conceived a two-part compendium, equal parts catalog and conceptual toolbox. The first part of the book presents a visual culture of sneakers while a lexicon in the second part defines the key people, places, objects, ideas, materials, and scenes from which the project grew. Texts by Nike's Nicholas Schonberger, writer Troy Patterson, curator and historian Glenn Adamson, and Virgil Abloh himself frame the collaborative work within fashion and design history. A foreword by Hiroshi Fujiwara places the project within the historical continuum of Nike collaborators.
PLEASE READ OUR RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY IN ADVANCE OF MAKING A PURCHASE.
- We want you to be totally satisfied with your 36 Knots products and we understand that you may purchase, or receive an item as a gift, and find it's just not right for you.
- If we shipped the wrong product or your order is damaged in transit, please contact us within 7 working days. Proof of purchase is required for all returns.
In regard to points (a) and (b) then we are pleased to offer exchange, store credit, or a refund in the original packaging within 7 working days of purchase.
RETURNS & EXCHANGE
PROOF OF PURCHASE
A valid proof of purchase is required to issue refunds or merchandise credit for eligible items. We will accept all of the following as proof of purchase.
- Original paper or gift receipt.
- Electronic receipt.
- Original packing slip (with order number visible).
- Order number.
ITEMS ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN OR EXCHANGE
For all returns or exchanges:
- Regular-priced items that are stocked in our stores.
- Fashion apparel, linens, and accessories must be unused, unworn (if applicable), unlaundered, and still have the original tags attached. As such, items such as throw blankets, poufs, aprons, and pillows cannot be returned. Items must not be used, washed, or damaged.
- All original tags and price stickers must be attached.
- All original packaging must be undamaged, unopened and in saleable condition.
- Customer must be able to provide the original receipt.
Note: If an order arrives damaged or incomplete or is in need of replacement parts, please contact your sales associate, +1 (647) 797-4300, 9am - 6pm 7 days a week, within 07 working days of delivery for resolution.
- Sale items, clearance items or discounted items can not be refunded, returned, or exchanged. They are final sale.
- Open Box, floor models items.
- Gift Cards.
- Seasonal holiday goods.
- Coffee table books.
- Service, delivery, and installation fees
- Made to Order or other customized items, including custom rugs and furniture.
CUSTOM RUGS AND CUSTOM FURNITURE RETURN
All special rug order and non-stocking. These items require a minimum 50% deposit and are submitted for production immediately upon order placement as they are built to your specifications. The remaining 50% balance will be charged when your order ships. Custom orders cannot be cancelled once placed.
FURNITURE RESTOCKING FEE
Upon inspection, all in stock furniture is eligible for free exchanges within 7 working days for any other item within our stores. Should you opt for a refund, furniture is subject to a 10% restocking fee.
Online Purchases - Return & Exchange Policy
For online orders, all orders should be returned to our store at 1212 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M4T 1W1. Prior to returning, please email WECARE@THIRTYSIXKNOTS.COM to obtain a return authorization or contact your sales associate, +1 (647) 797-4300, 9am - 6pm 7 days a week, within 7 working days of delivery for resolution.
- Original receipt for In-Store purchases - Returns with the original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment.
- Shipping and delivery fees are not refundable after your delivery and the customer is responsible for paying the shipping fees to have the item(s) returned to our store at 1212 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M4T 1W1.
- We do not refund cash or cheques.